Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waterproofing the Floor

So I removed the flooring plywood during disassembly. Once removed I noticed a light coat of black stuff on the underside. Not sure what they put on these from the factory but it protected it well for the 32 years of it's life.

Just to cover any chance of issues I got a rubberized roofcoating from the local hardware to protect it even more. The product I ended up choosing was Black Jack 6125 Coating. Covered well but dryed REALLY slow. It's fiberized rubber so should hold up better to bumps and jars. I put on 2 heavy coats so it should be well protected from rock chips and such as well.

Link to the product: http://www.gardner-gibson.com/linedetails.aspx?id=19

I also picked up stainless steel metal screws for reattaching the flooring to the frame and plan on sealing the bottom sides of the screws from the elements with the roof coating.

I will attach photos once I crawl under it and take some as I didn;t take any before I attached it >.<

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Moho's Teardrop | by TNB