Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Disassembling the popup

Well, started dissasembly of the old popup. Stripping it down to bare frame. Lot of work in 90 degree plus heat, ugh.  Accomplished all of this over a period of about a week. Have alot of extra stuff (door, bed frames, lift assembly, etc) which I can sell on craigslist to help finance more of the project.

Final dimensions of the frame are 4' 9" wide x 10' long. Should be a great sized teardrop for a 6'3" tall guy, lol. The plywood bottom ended up being in great shape and I will reuse it. Ground height is great, real low, should pull really well. The white marks on the frame is primer to cover bare metal until I can grind and sand the frame.

Top still on it
Frame Rails removed.
All Frame Rails removed
My "helper" dancing
My helper
One Frame rail section removed.
Disassembled with plywood just laying on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Moho's Teardrop | by TNB